Happy Celiac Awareness Month. Here are 10 facts you can pass on about Celiac Disease.
1. Get Tested before going Gluten-Free
2. Celiac Disease is an Auto Immune Disease not an Allergy
3. Some People with Celiac Disease have no Symptoms at all
4. Symptoms of Celiac Disease manifest differently in everyone
5. If left untreated, Celiac Disease can lead to a number of other auto immune diseases, cancer, malnourishment, or infertility
6. The ONLY treatment for Celiac Disease is a strict Gluten-Free Diet
7. Celiac Disease can be Triggered at any time
8. If a Family Member has Celiac Disease, everyone should get Tested
9. 1 in 133 have Celiac Disease
10. Celiac Disease can be diagnosed as other conditions, continuing to cause damage to your body
Lets celebrate life, be positive and bring change.